The Clark County Diabetes Group (CCDG) was formed in 2004 by the health district’s Office of Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion to help prevent diabetes and complications by providing education, resources and technical assistance as appropriate.
The CCDG is comprised of numerous community organizations, hospitals, pharmacies, laboratories, businesses and individuals who integrate diabetes prevention and control efforts into the community.
To educate, prevent and manage diabetes, reducing complications.
- Provide a weekly educational update to members, highlighting community announcements, programs and resources related to diabetes prevention and self management
- Meet quarterly, providing guest speakers when appropriate.
- Update CCDG Speakers’ Bureau
- Refer people in need to services provided in the diabetes resource directory available in English and Spanish.
- Provide contacts to agencies and individuals to reach disparate populations in Southern Nevada.
- Educate members about diabetes related advocacy efforts in Nevada.
- Work collaboratively with other diabetes and obesity-related coalitions, serving as a liaison, promoting diabetes resources in our community.
Membership is open to any person or organization with an interest in diabetes prevention. Members will be asked to fill out a membership form.