Get Healthy Clark County Logo
Get Moving Be Safe Eat Better Live Tobacco Free Know YourRisks


Stay Connected

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find resources for seniors?

Clark County Social Services Senior Division has put together a Senior Services Directory PDF 1.3MB of programs and services geared toward the senior and disabled population.

I would like to download the Clark County Health Status Report.

The Clark County Health Status Report is a series of volumes covering the Southern Nevada Health District's reports to the community. You can view volumes one and two on the Health Status Report external link webpage.

Where can I find information on community services and volunteer opportunities?

2-1-1 is an easy to remember telephone number that, where available, connects people with important community services and volunteer opportunities. Services include:

    • Basic Human Needs Resources
    • Physical and Mental Health Resources
    • Employment Supports
    • Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities
    • Support for Children, Youth and Families
    • Volunteer Opportunities and Donations

Call 211 or visit their website external link for more information.

How do I file a Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act (NCIAA) Complaint?

File a complaint by filling out our online complaint form at external link If you have further questions about the act please visit our Tobacco Frequently Asked Questions webpage.

How do I get a Health Card?

The Health Card program has been replaced with the new Body Art Card and Food Handler Safety Training and Certification Program.

Call (702) 759-1099 for the nearest location and hours for food handler card processing or visit the Food Hander Cards external link webpages for more information.

Call (702) 759-0677 for information about body art card processing or visit the Body Art Card external link webpages.

How do I get immunizations for my child?

Visit the Immunizations external link web page for information on annual and back-to-school immunizations.

Where can I get a flu shot?

Flu shots are available at several public health centers. For more information about flu shots visit our Flu Vaccine webpage at external link

How do I get STD testing?

Visit the Sexual Health Clinic external link webpages for information on STD testing.

How do I report illness after eating at a restaurant?

First, report your illness to your physician. Then complete the online Foodborne Illness Complaint Form external link or call the Southern Nevada Health District’s Office of Epidemiology at (702) 759-1300 to report your illness.

Where do I go to access information about blood pressure, heart disease, stroke?

National Heart, Lung, Blood Institute external link

American Heart Association external link
(800) 242-8721
(702) 367-1366

Where can I access information about mold?

Environmental Protection Agency external link
(866) 372-9378 (toll free)

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention external link

Where can I find low cost medical help?

Access to Healthcare Network external link
(702) 948-0300

Community Outreach Medical Center external link
1140 Almond Tree Lane, Suite 306
Las Vegas, NV 89104
(702) 657-3873

Nevada Health Centers external link
(702) 307-5414

Nevada Check-up Program external link
(800) 360-6044

Nevada Covering Kids and Families Program external link
(702) 948-0311

UMC Hospital external link
(702) 383-2000

Huntridge Teen Clinic external link
(702) 732-8776

Southern Nevada Health District
Low-Cost Health Services Locator external link

Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada external link

Where do I find information on prenatal guidance?

Courtney Children's Foundation external link
(702) 315-5159

Where can I find low cost dental help?

UNLV Dental College external link
(702) 647-1074

Miles for Smiles external link
Located at Nevada Health Centers

Huntridge Teen Clinic external link
(702) 732-8776

Where can I find general oral health information?

Nevada State Health Division external link
Oral Health Initiative

American Dental Association external link

Dental Resources for Teachers

American Dental Association external link

Colgate World of Care external link

How do I find help with my prescriptions?

Clark County Social Services external link

Abbott Pharmaceuticals Patient Assistance Programs external link
(800) 222-6885

Access Health Eligibility Worker
(702) 383-1961

Astra Zeneca Pharmaceuticals external link

Canadian pharmacy
(702) 486-3587

Clark County Social Services external link
(702) 455-4270

Governor’s Office for Consumer Health external link

Medicare external link

Member Health external link
(888) 868-5854 external link

Nevada Checkup external link
(866) 254-3964

Nevada Drug external link

Nevada Health Centers external link
(702) 307-5414

Nevada Senior RX Program external link
(866) 323-5953

Partnership for Prescription Assistance external link
(888) 4PPA-NOW
(888) 477-2269

The Medicine Cabinet external link
(702) 444-6082
1700 E Desert Inn Rd Suite 304-A
Las Vegas, NV 89109

Together Rx Access external link
(800) 444-4106

Where can I find general health information?

Healthfinder external link
MedlinePlus external link
Women's Health external link

Where can I find general nutrition information?

Food pyramid external link
Nutrition external link
Women’s Health external link

Where can I find out about eating disorders?

Visit the National Eating Disorders Association external link website.

How can I find out if a medical doctor is board certified?

Call the Clark County Medical Society at (702) 739-9989

American Medical Association external link
(800) 262-3211

Where can I find a local registered dietitian (RD) to help me modify my eating habits?

Download the Nutrition Services Provider Directory PDF 130KB to find a local registered dietitian.

American Dietetic Association external link
(800) 366-1655

Where can I call for mental health services?

Montevista Hospital external link
(702) 364-1111

Columbia Teen Screen Program
(702) 383-6012

Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services external link
(702) 486-6000

What is the phone number for the Poison Control Center?

(800) 222-1222

Where can I get poison control stickers?

Safe Kids Clark County external link
(702) 731-8666

Are there other poison resources?

Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center external link

Poison external link

Where can I learn more about calcium?

Dairy Council of Southern Nevada external link
(702) 315-0520

Where can I get car seat information?

Safe Kids Clark County external link
(702) 731-8666

Where can I get a car seat check?

Free car seat checks are available at UMC’s Family Resource Center
Monday through Friday; by appointment only.
(702) 383-2229
1120 Shadow Lane (across the street from UMC’s main campus)

Where can I get local, state, and national data and statistics?


Southern Nevada Health District Link to Website         Viva Saludable    Healthy Southern Nevada